The goal of this blog is to enjoy the many fantastic free
events in D.C. The inspiration for
this blog came about a month or so ago, but I feel its fitting to start it
during the Federal government hiatus.
If there is ever a time I need to do free things it is when I am no
longer receiving a paycheck!
The inspiration came after speaking with friends in D.C., I
realized I was letting this wonderful City go to waste. I had so many wonderful cultural
experiences that I let pass me by every day. If I were a betting woman, I would wager that no other
American city would let me hang out at the Kenyan Embassy, support a great
charity, and learn some Kenyan dance moves in the same night. Oh and I bought an awesome pair of earrings
that night.
So the focus of this blog will always be to explore this
wonderful City. Additionally, I
will never refer to this City simple as This Town. I call D.C. my home.
How will I explore D.C.? Well, my goal will be to find fun, free (or cheap)
experiences that show the diversity and richness of D.C. Some weeks I might struggle to find a
place to take visitors other than the monuments. Other weeks, I might just hang out with other D.C.ers, and
some weeks it might just be me (possibly with cameo appearances from my dog).
So, who is this lady who thinks she knows so much about
D.C.? Well first off, I will admit
that I do not think I know a ton about D.C. That is one of the reason I’m starting this blog, as a way
for me to learn about this place I call home. Next, I’m a new comer to D.C. I have not hit my 5 year anniversary, yet. I’ve lived in the D.C. area for 3 years
(the last year as been in the District, proper). I work for the Federal Government (yes, I checked with my
Ethics official). In other words,
I’m a fairly normal person for D.C.
So thanks to anyone who reads this blog (Hi Mom). And if you have any suggestions or
places or events you would like me to visit, please send me comments!
Hello Ms. Scarlett! I am very excited for your blog. I can't wait to read more. Oh, and I want to go with you to Crafty Bastards 2014. :)
ReplyDeleteKeep exploring. Keep writing.
Thanks!!
ReplyDelete