At the beginning of the Holiday season I went to the U.S. Botanical Gardens. At first thought you probably think I’m
crazy. The main draw for the
Gardens are, well, the gardens that are outside, and, in case you had not
notice, it is winter. Although,
the outside gardens were not in their spring glory, the inside Conservatory was
in full Christmas glory (and warm!).
Not only were the Christmas decorations beautiful, but the
other plants were also lovely. All
throughout the Conservatory, staff and volunteers were very helpful and gave
some great information about the plants.
Finally, the model train room was amazing. There were a few kids who were very
excited to see Thomas and friends.
Overall, I loved the Conservatory. It was a perfect break from winter weather. I would suggest going there if you have
family in town and want a warm place to visit. It only took my mom and I a few hours to walk the whole
thing, so it’s a great afternoon outing.
I would especially go there if you have children in the group. Some of the volunteers were giving
great short educational talks to kids with lots of hands on learning.
I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season, and
enjoying the many events that D.C. has to offer. As for me, I’m off to a few holiday parties tonight. Cheers!



No comments:
Post a Comment